We’re a friendly neighbourhood Toronto cannabis store offering the best variety in
High-quality cannabis flower
Made in Canada Edibles & Beverages
Pre-rolls & vapes
Extracts & oils
About The Kensary
We’d like to formally re-introduce ourselves
Our family-owned business has been part of the diverse neighbourhoods of Kensington Market & Little Manila for over 40 years. We decided to give the family business a dope makeover to provide the community with something they’ve always wanted... legal cannabis.
The Kensary is a tip of the hat to nostalgia, a warm welcome to anyone who has a story to tell about buying weed. It’s how our fathers would have imagined it, but a little bit better. Whether you’re a cannabis newbie or an OG we hope The Kensary cannabis shop will meet your high expectations.
Read more about the cannabis community and Toronto cannabis shops
Need some help?
In Ontario, it is legal to smoke cannabis anywhere where cigarettes may be smoked. Although, some municipalities have passed a by-law banning smoking cannabis in public.
- Private residences – this does not include residences that are also workplaces
- Many outdoor public places (for example, sidewalks and parks)
- Designated smoking guest rooms in hotels, motels and inns
- Residential vehicles and boats that meet certain criteria (for example, if they have permanent sleeping accommodations and cooking facilities, and are parked or anchored)
Additional restrictions on smoking and vaping may exist in municipal bylaws, lease agreements and the policies of employers and property owners.
- Indoor common areas in condos, apartment buildings and university/college residences
- Enclosed public places and enclosed workplaces
- Non designated guest rooms in hotels, motels and inns
Schools and Places where Children Gather:
- At school, on school grounds, and all public areas within 20 metres of these grounds
- On children’s playgrounds and public areas within 20 metres of playgrounds
- In childcare centres or where an early year’s program is provided in places where home childcare is provided — even if children aren’t present
- Hospitals, hospices, care homes and other facilities
- Within 9 metres from the entrance or exit of hospitals (public and private), psychiatric facilities, long-term care homes, independent health facilities
- On outdoor grounds of hospitals (public and private) and psychiatric facilities in non-controlled areas
- In long-term care homes, certain retirement homes, provincially funded supportive housing, designated psychiatric or veterans’ facilities, and residential hospices
Publicly Owned Spaces:
- You cannot smoke or vape cannabis in publicly owned sport fields (not including golf courses), nearby spectator areas and public areas within 20 metres of these areas.
Vehicles and Boats:
- You cannot consume cannabis (smoking, vaping and eating) in a vehicle or boat that is being driven or will be driven.
Other Outdoor Areas:
- In restaurants and on bar patios and public areas within 9 metres of a patio
- On outdoor grounds of specified Ontario government office buildings
- In reserved seating areas at outdoor sports and entertainment locations
- On grounds of community recreational facilities and public areas within 20 metres of those grounds
- In sheltered outdoor areas with a roof and more than two walls which the public or employees frequent, or are invited to (for example, a bus shelter)
Legal possession is 30 grams of dried cannabis or equivalent.
30 grams of dried cannabis is equal to:
- 150 grams of fresh cannabis
- 450 grams of edible product
- 2,100 grams of liquid product
- 7.5 grams of concentrates (solid or liquid)
- 30 cannabis plant seeds
Possession over the limit is a criminal offence with penalties of up to 5 years in prison.
Similar to the rules for alcohol, it is illegal to transport cannabis in a motorized vehicle (such as a car or boat) if it is open (“unfastened”) and not in its original packaging or not packed in baggage and is readily available to anyone in the vehicle. And it is illegal to take cannabis across the Canadian border.